Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

#BookADayUK; A Reader Event For October. Day 28

The theme for today is 'Has the best advice'. For me, this was a simple one. Some time ago, I read Oliver James' They F**k You Up: How to Survive Family Life. It's a singularly informative book. The case studies, mostly regarding well-known people, or celebrities, as we are required to know them, are enlightening as well as informative. But it is the advice that the author gives to readers that is most useful and helpful.

This is a book that I feel everyone should read. If it doesn't inform you about your own life and the reasons for some of your failures, hang-ups and prejudices, it will at least help you understand why some people are so odd, angry, depressed or apparently insane. I strongly advise everyone to read this. I took it on holiday and, although it is far from normal sunbed reading, it is a fascinating study with great insight into the human condition. Really, try it!

You'll find my review of the book if you click on this link.

No comments: