Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 5 October 2014

Writing and Running for ME/CFS #2

Returning from Friday's running session.
This week’s update on progress.

The running continues to the training programme. This week I did a 20 minute brisk walk on Tuesday. A running session on Friday, consisted of running for 4 minutes and walking for 2 minute, repeated 3 times, so a total of 12 minutes running. And today I took a 3 mile walk over 50 minutes with my wife, in place of the required ‘30 minute easy walk’. The training plan I’m following is intended to prepare someone who isn’t very fit for a twenty minute running session at the end of 8 weeks. I’ve just completed the first 4 weeks, and I’m managing to keep to the programme, or to exceed it, so all going well so far.

The writing of the ME/CFS book hasn’t gone far yet  - I’ve been working on some appendices to go into the back of book 3 of the epic fantasy trilogy. My publisher wants to publish Convergence: A Seared Sky in time for Xmas, so I need to ensure it’s absolutely ready for him. And I decided I would include all the myths and legends that form the basis for the actual story as appendices in the final volume. It’s one of those jobs that you feel should be straightforward, until you start on it. Then you discover there are more than you remembered, names have changed during the writing, and some changes to format need doing. But it’s all great for me, as I enjoy the writing.


However, on the ME/CFS book front, I’ve resurrected the files of the diaries I kept during the period of illness. They’re a bit patchy, but they contain details I’d forgotten, so will be a useful resource when I start the actual writing.

No comments: