Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Sunday 2 November 2014

Writing and Running for ME/CFS #6

Progress for the 8 week period.
A rather peculiar week. My daughter had a minor mishap with her car on Thursday, which rendered it
unusable and in need of repair. We dashed the 12 miles to her place of work to get her safely home at 02:00 and this rather disrupted plans, especially as she works odd shifts and public transport won't serve her for those. So Dad has had to become taxi driver until the car is repaired.
The event didn't impact on my running, but it did have an effect on my writing.

The running has gone to plan and I've now completed the challenge, which was to run for 20 minutes by the end of the 8 week period. I also lost 4 lbs in weight. A bit more wouldn't go amiss, but it'll come off over the weeks, no doubt. So, that's the first level of fitness achieved.

I've started a new plan, which commences on Tuesday. No walking on this  one; all running. So I'm going to get fitter more quickly, and it lasts the whole period from now until the projected day of the actual half marathon I'm aiming for. More on that target once the ballot has been held and I've got a place!

The writing of the account of my experience of ME/CFS?
Well, I did manage a few notes. We're in the process of selling the house at present, so it's difficult to get into the sort of routine I prefer when I'm creating a new piece. But this will all settle with time. It's a little hectic, but I'll get there.

No comments: