Google+
This blog has moved. Please go over to this link to see my new website.

Monday 15 December 2014

Writing and Running for ME/CFS #12

This should have been posted yesterday, but I was somewhat otherwise occupied, so my apologies. I have two brothers in hospital at present, a house move that is proving far more problematic than any other I’ve experienced (and I’ve moved home 14 times!), a new blog I’m trying to develop (that’s at www.stuartaken.net ) and all those other everyday things we, as writers, husbands, fathers et al deal with. So, excuses made; here’s the progress report:

Writing: I’m half way through the curation of the diary excerpts, so I’ll be able to start on the actual writing of the book in the very near future. I’m intending to publish this as both digital and print so that it’s available to as many people as possible.

Running: Missed the first 15 minute run on Monday– it was freezing out there, with ice on the pavements, and the cold always affects my health badly. If anything, this factor has increased since my recovery from ME/CFS, but that might simply be because another 10 years have zoomed past since I started the condition! Anyway, I did manage the 10 minute run on Thursday and I did the 20 minute run, on Saturday, indoors, since the weather was again very cold and icy.
This week has already started well, with a 15 minute run today – still relatively cold out there, but frost and ice free. I’ve another 15 minute run due on Thursday and a 20 minute run on Saturday. Tonight, I’ll be dancing (ballroom and Latin) with my wife at our usual dance class, so that’ll be more steps on the road back to full fitness.


As soon as I have confirmation that I’ve been accepted for the targeted run, I’ll post the link for sponsorship. But that may be some months ahead, as the run takes place in August (at least it’ll be warm!)

No comments: